MA is a popular supplement that typically contains the following:
- Zinc monomethionine: 30 mg — 270% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Magnesium aspartate: 450 mg — 110% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): 10–11 mg — 650% of the RDI
However, some manufacturers produce ZMA supplements with alternative forms of zinc and magnesium, or with other added vitamins or minerals.
- Zinc. This trace mineral is necessary for more than 300 enzymes involved in metabolism, digestion, immunity, and other areas of your health.
- Magnesium. This mineral supports hundreds of chemical reactions in your body, including energy creation and muscle and nerve function.
- VitZMA is a nutritional supplement that contains zinc monomethionine aspartate, magnesium aspartate, and vitamin B6. It’s typically taken to enhance athletic performance, improve sleep quality, or build muscle.amin B6. This water-soluble vitamin is needed for processes such as making neurotransmitters and nutrient metabolism.